Friday, February 27, 2009

Here's a story....


So, the picture pretty much says it all. Drew slid the penny behind the night light and KABOOM! I don't think he was still holding the penny so I don't think he actually got a shock. However, the penny must have blown out because he came running into the living room, threw the burnt penny on the floor and started crying his eyes out. I originally thought the noise I heard was the penny being dropped into the heat vent. Apparently, it was the circuit tripping. I still didn't know what happened until I picked up the fried penny. I just grabbed him and hugged him for a long time. Poor guy. It was pretty traumatic. We left the house for a couple hours--went to the Gardens, and when we came back it was time for rest. When I brought him in his room, he immediately covered his eyes and said, "Uh-oh!" He did not want to rest in there with the wall burnt. So for now, he is resting on my bed. I hope that Daddy can fix this so he will go to sleep in his room tonight!!

2 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog said...

That is crazy! Poor Drew!! Glad everyone is OK, even if the wall isn't :(

une autre mère said...

I just read this story to Chad and he said he might use it in his science class to talk about circuits tripping (or something like that - I don't know science, so I have no idea). So now your story will be famous with Ankeny, Iowa 9th graders. :)