Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April Activities: Part 2

The second half of April included many more trips to the Gardens. I tell people that the Gardens is our second home during the summer, and I am not kidding. We love to share our passes with friends too.

Emily and Ruby in the Quarry
Drew takes a break from climbing to actually look at me...yes, there is a big bruise on his forehead. A few days before this, he met a root at Riverside Park after climbing a tree. Ouch!




One of Drew's favorite parts of the Gardens is the boardwalk. It is 1/3 mile that takes us out past the wetlands (see above) to the Michigan Farm Garden, or as he sees it, The Barn. Once at the barn, we have a snack before seeing any other parts of the gardens.


Also in April, we put up bunk beds and added a roommate to Drew's room. This is Emily's first big bed! They were so excited about their new bedding and having a sibling to talk to each night that it caused Drew's lack of sleep to send him into night terrors again (after a 6 month hiatus). It was also a challenge to keep that social little girl in her bed! Now that it has been 4 months, they have both adjusted to the new bedtime routine--for the most part. (When I look at this picture, I feel like I have to mention that this was right after putting the bunk together and there is a safety rail that we did put on the top bunk!)

No comments: