Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mimi Visits

We often get the chance to Skype with Mimi and Papa. One Friday afternoon, they were telling me about their plans to visit my brother-in-law's family in Portland, OR, when I casually mentioned that didn't leave a lot of time to squeeze in a visit from my mother-in-law before our baby comes. She was a little surprised, but I explained I could get a ton of stuff on my to-do list if I had a live in babysitter. The next day, she called and said she had enough flyer miles and could come the following Wednesday and stay for 6 days!! WOW!! So we had the joy of having Mimi come and boy, did I love it! I ran so many errands without extra buckling and hauling of my children and she helped my organize and sort and box boy (sizes NB-3T) and girl (NB-2T) clothes. She also cleaned out our medicine cabinet, you know, all those expired meds that you don't know what to do with. I found a pharmacy that would take them and dispose of them safely. Those were just some of the things we accomplished. But, we also just enjoyed her company!
The Gardens
A Family of Four.....
Sharing Time with Mimi


We enjoyed a nice evening walking the bridges downtown before going out for ice cream. Did I ever mention that Drew LOVES bridges?!


No comments: